Oct 29, 2008

A walk in Kawasaki


Kawasaki is a city between Tokyo and Yokohama.
Now, I'm learning to be a volunteer guide and today I went to Kawasaki in a lesson. Some volunteer guides led us around Kawasaki.

This is a picture of the oldest elementary school in Kawasaki. It is more than 100 years old.

This is a tiny street of old style bars. I like this kind of narrow street very much.

This is a temple near the station. Today we visited some temples to know the history around Kawasaki.

I found a cat sleeping. But when I was taking pictures, I waked her/him up. I'm sorry...

This is a small plate in a temple and it teaches us the bond of a couple is most important for a family.

This Buddha is build as an unknown person's grave.

These are guardian deity of children in front of the Buddha. There are lots of these set of 6 statues in Japan, and they are always hooded.

This is a small dog statue in a big Shrine. It's really cute.

At last, we arrived at a big river. The other side of this river is Tokyo.


Today was a best day for walking! The autumn in Japan is dry and mostly sunny! I like this season very much(Also, it's best season for eating).

2 comments:

Surya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for a guided tour of Kawasaki. BTW, my husband rides a Kawasaki motorbike. I love your country
Mena